Other Relative Family Sponsorship

Other Relative Family Sponsorship

You can sponsor other relatives besides your immediate family members under certain circumstances

​ You can sponsor:​

  • Your brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter, who are orphaned, under the age of 18, and not married or in a common-law relationship​
  • another relative if you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives below (excluding the person you wish to sponsor) which you could sponsor instead:
    • a child
    • a mother or father
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece


  • you do not have any of the relatives mentioned above who:
    • is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, Indian (Native, registered under the Indian Act)
    • have an application for permanent residence that is being currently processed

You can sponsor if you are:​​

  • At least 18 years of age
  • A Canadian permanent resident living in Canada or a Canadian citizen
  • Not in prison, bankrupt, under a removal order (if a permanent resident) or charged with a serious offence

Need Help?

Contact us for more information about the Relative Sponsorship application process or for assistance in preparing an application.

Looking for Visit VisaImmigrateSponsor ShipStudent VisaLegal Help Consulting?

    Etiam magna arcu, ullamcorper ut pulvinar et, ornare sit amet ligula. Aliquam vitae bibendum lorem. Cras id dui lectus. Pellentesque nec felis tristique urna lacinia sollicitudin ac ac ex. Maecenas mattis faucibus condimentum. Curabitur imperdiet felis at est posuere bibendum. Sed quis nulla tellus.


    63739 street lorem ipsum City, Country


    +12 (0) 345 678 9


    [email protected]